Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 3 of the 52 Week Photo Project: My Favorite Thing

When I signed up for this 52 Week Photo Project, I thought it was going to be easy.  I'd take a picture each week, and it would remind me to record some of those everyday moments that I missed out on last year.  This week's photo op turned out to be a little more difficult than expected.  I'm supposed to photograph my favorite thing.  To be honest, I don't even know where to go with that.  Each day is a blessing, filled with amazing and wonderful things.  How does one choose a favorite?


Here are just a few of mine:
  • I love that my teenage son still hugs me.
  • I love when I am going out for a run in the morning with the dogs, they practically dance with excitement.
  • I love that Oreo, one of our cats, smacks me with her paw when she wants attention.
  • I love my work, because I feel like I make a difference.
  • I love the colors of the fall.
  • I love the taste of a freshly picked apple.
  • I love my daughter's chocolate chip cookies.
  • I love picking vegetables at the farm in the summer.
  • I love that I was lucky enough to marry my best friend, who I can count on no matter what.
I could go on and on with my list of favorites, as I am sure most of us could!  


This morning we woke up to snow...not an unusual event here in Connecticut, but its a Saturday and all sports were cancelled.  So we had nothing we absolutely had to do...we had a completely free day!  In our household, that doesn't happen often.  My husband and I decided to go snowshoeing, which is one of my "favorite" winter sports.  However, I decided to take my picture for the week of one of my dogs, Clara.  Clara loves snow.  Watching Clara play in the snow is definitely one of my favorite things.  She gets giddy with excitement...she prances and jumps and in general looks like she is having the best time of her life!  Its fun to watch her, and it always brings a smile to my face.  


Its impossible to choose one favorite...life is full of things that bring us joy, big and small.  What are some of your favorites? 






No comments:

Post a Comment