Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fun with Digital Photography..."Toys" for your Camera!

When I am on Photojojo's site, I feel like a kid in a candy store.  I'm a gadget girl at heart, and I love my camera...and Photojojo's site is filled with wonderful "toys" for your digital camera!  I try to take the time to check it out at least once a week to see what's going on over at their site.  If you haven't visited them yet, you are in for a treat!

I'll tell you about a couple of my favorites.  The Pop-up Flash Bounce is a hood with a mirror that attaches to the flash of your DSLR after its popped up.  It directs the flash from your camera up instead, bouncing it off the ceiling to create a more natural light.  You can see the results with my before and after photo...it really does make a difference!  For $30, you get beautiful lighting without spending a lot of money for an external flash.



BEFORE
AFTER
I'm also rather attached to the iPad Card Readers.  Plug one of these into your iPad and you can download your photos in a snap.  If you're traveling without your computer, this is a good way to make sure your digital photos are saved in more than one place.  On our last vacation, I downloaded my photos to my iPad every day, uploaded them to my favorite photo sharing and cloud storage app, Linea, and felt safe knowing my photos were backed up in the event something should happen to my camera.

I've got my eye on a couple new gadgets...the Super Secret Spy Lens adapter looks like fun, as does the Easy Macro Cell Lens Band, but I think the Wide Angle & Macro Lens Adapter might be my next purchase!  There are so many great "toys" to choose from!  If you enjoy digital photography, you'll have a lot of fun visiting Photojojo's site.

Have you tried any of Photojojo's products?  Let us know what you like!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post - I'm going to order the flash bounce today. I'm always looking for fun new toys for the camera but often don't take the time to research.
    Also, I love Linea for cloud sharing. My kids love sharing the albums with friends on the iPad. Perfect solution.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Connie
    www.OrganizedMovingConnection.com
    Twitter: organizedmove

    ReplyDelete