Sunday, February 5, 2012

52 Week Photo Project: "I Left My Heart in..."

This week's 52 Week Photo Project was "I Left My Heart in..."  To me, my heart is wherever my family is.  I really believe I could live anywhere, and be perfectly happy, as long as my family was with me.  So my picture this week is my home away from home!

This weekend we were at our condo in Mt. Snow, Vermont.  I love going up there.  Its ski in, ski out, which is wonderful.  But the main reason I like being there so much is because it's so different from our home.  It's quiet and calming...away from the busyness of our home and all the kids' activities and sports.  I love the fact that our condo is small (and easy to clean) but big enough for us to bring another family to ski with us.  There's no shopping mall or big box stores nearby...just some restaurants and small retailers.  There's long stretches of road with nothing but houses.  Its a wonderful home away from home.

On another note, those long stretches of roads almost caused a bit of a problem on the way home.  I wasn't paying attention to the gas gauge and when we left to head home, I was almost on empty.  When the light came on, I was in the middle of nowhere, with no cell service, and three teenage boys in the car who found this pretty amusing.  Actually I was somewhat amused too, and also relieved that I had some muscle power in the car to help push it if need be.  (I don't think I would have been quite as amused if I had been by myself!)  I turned down the heat in the car and was coasting down hills, trying to conserve what little gas I had left!  Mile after mile, there were no gas stations in sight...I thought for sure we were going to be stranded.  Believe it or not, I pulled in to a gas station just in the nick of time...when I filled up my car, I discovered I was down to a quarter of one gallon!  Talk about luck!

But back to the photo challenge...where do you leave your heart?!













No comments:

Post a Comment